I Don’t Want To Be A Goat, Nope • 12 February 2008

I want to think I churned down through another layer of sediment of my unconscious today, and that’s why I hit a whole oily-black vein of VBS songs. (VBS: that’s vacation bible school, for you non-initiates.)

I don’t want to be a phairisee, I don’t want to be a phairisee…

‘Cos the phairisees aren’t fair, ya’ see….

How many of these tics/ vrittis/ scary buried memories are left? I think we’re back to about 1982 at this point and I haven't glimpsed any of the fire and brimstone that must await down in the denser layers. It's going to take more than foot behind the head tricks once it's time to call in the diamond tip.

Ha ha! Scary scary scary. Really.

I just want to be a sheep, baaa, I just want to be a sheep, baaa

I just want to be a sheep, baaa.

This too shall pass. Meh.

• cranky housefrau
    Posted 13 February 2008 at 1:16 am | #

oh my god! that was hysterical! baaabaaa! when i first saw signs around here for VBS, i thought what the heck is that?? the jews miss out on all the fun 🙂
    my kids like to watch a movie called The Iron Giant. and there is one part where the little boy is saying grace but keeps getting distracted and so his grace goes something like this:
    OH MY GOD! we thank you for this food mother has prepared and STOP!!! um… the devil, doing bad things!! and GET OUT OF HERE!!! and we will all live in peace, amen.

eh, it is pretty freakin hysterical when my kids say it.

• Posted 13 February 2008 at 3:16 am | #

Hi (0v0)
    Proof of my love and dedication (or maybe it’s that I felt deprived of not being able to comment) I downloaded firefox or some other type of fox for internet viewing, and here I am. I guess I have to thank fellow bloggers for making me experiment with new software, such as this new internet viewer. Yesterday I learned from Tova how to use carrots not for cooking but for linking to webpages over at laks’ blog.
    Cheers, Arturo

• Carl
    Posted 13 February 2008 at 6:23 pm | #

Firefox has its quirks but it’s pretty good. Much better than Exploder, anyway.

• Posted 13 February 2008 at 6:32 pm | #

I am a promise!
    I am a possibility!
    I am a promise!
    With a capital P!
    I can be any-THING!
    Anything I want me to beeee!

• Posted 14 February 2008 at 4:04 am | #

Father Abraham
    Had many sons
    And many sons haaaad
    Father Abraham
    And I am one of them
    And so are you
    So let’s just praise the Lord…

• Posted 14 February 2008 at 4:13 am | #

Arturo, welcome to Firefox!

Cranky, you are raising little heathens. Excellent.

• R
    Posted 14 February 2008 at 6:10 pm | #

I believe that’s “so let’s ALL praise the Lord.”